Sunday, July 25, 2010

HCI and Task Analysis Planning

Human Computer Interaction was never my strongest subject during the three years it took me to complete this degree.  Having worked in an environment in which prototypes, website usability and testing were never part of the work structure, it was a new experience to understand these best practices.  I think that's part of the reason why I've struggled with this part of the rubric.

The format for the following task analysis plan was adopted from my HCI course in which I attempted to break down my proposed website according to what I thought would work best for the client.

In the case of my Capstone, my initial meeting with my program sponsors gave me a thorough understanding of what they and the organization were seeking to achieve with regard to a refreshed website and social media.  Just to be sure everyone's clear, I'm finishing some index card testing just to be sure that the proposed navigation and text makes sense to a broader audience. 

As always, feel free to comment.  Also, note that there's a zoom tool that will enlarge the information on the attached spreadsheet.  Thanks for reading.

~ PLJ

No comments:

Post a Comment