Thursday, July 8, 2010

Capstone Fair - Midseason presentation

This Saturday the Marlboro College Graduate Center will hold its Capstone Fair from 12 noon to 3:00 pm in the Graduate School Common area.  The Capstone Fair allows students to publicly articulate their project and get feedback for final changes before the capstone defense at the end of the trimester.

This promises to be an interesting occasion.  I have no idea whether I'm woefully behind the efforts of other students or if I'm in good shape.  If my gut is any indication, I'm assuming it's the former.

For purposes of public interest and project explanation, I've created a 4' (w) X 3" (h) display (shown below).  My intention is to track the development of various tools that are at the heart of building online communities.  A killer website is a great start, but people use online tools differently and it's usually a smart move to be sure that all the bases are covered with regard to social media.

It all must intergrate and it must be mutually supportive.  Otherwise, we're creating communications silos that never serve the best interests of the larger message and audience.

I have to speak for three minutes.  Surely there's enough here to fill the time.   


No comments:

Post a Comment